Hey everybody! Today I wanted to talk about an interesting topic: Dating. You see, people these days tend to date for all the wrong reasons and really, they start dating way too early. I know people in 6th grade with boyfriends and such. Listen up people, the point of dating is to find a husband. Yeah, it happens, but most likely you won’t be dating him in grade school.
I think a lot of girls date because they want to feel important or valued or whatever. They think that they need a boyfriend to make them feel special. But guess what? You don’t! Your worth isn’t found in guys or people at all. It’s found in Christ. He loves you, and when He sees you, He sees His beautiful creation. You don’t need a boyfriend/girlfriend to compliment you to make you feel important. Instead of seeking attention from people, look into the Word and see what God has to say about you.
“The King will desire your beauty. Because He is your Lord, bow down to Him.” (Psalm 45:11)
“How precious are Your thoughts towards me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.” (Psalm 139:17-18) Or just read all of Psalm 139 for that matter.
“You are precious to me. You are honored and I love you.” (Isaiah 43:46)
Get the picture? GOD LOVES YOU! He thinks you’re AMAZING! He loves you with the kind of love that no person ever could! His love is unfailing. It isn’t dependent on us or what we do.
I feel like there was more I wanted to say…I don’t know. Ok, but like, people just date because they can and I don’t think people care too much about finding a husband or any of that. It’s messed up. I’m 16 and I’ve never had a boyfriend. I’ve never really had the desire to have a boyfriend either. Sure I’ve thought about what it would be like and all that, but at the end of the day, I know it’s not what God wants for me. At least not yet. Because I know when the time comes, it’ll happen. Eventually I’ll get a boyfriend yes, but all in God’s timing. People these days always rush into relationships and never give God a second thought. They never pray about what God’s plan is or anything. Bro, God wants to prosper you! (Jeremiah 29:11) Look to God for counsel in everything you do. You should seek to do God’s plan, not to please yourself or to give yourself momentary happiness.
Here are just some things I think are important things to remember when you’re in a relationship:
- When your in a relationship with someone, the most important thing you should do is keep God first! Seriously! Make Him the center of everything you do! He is your King! Let Him lead every aspect of your life, including your dating life.
- Set boundaries. Seriously people. There are certain things that are worth waiting for. You can wait until you get married. And then there are other things that some people consider appropriate when others think the complete opposite. Me and my friends have discussed this often. Like, kissing. Yes or no? Really, I can’t say. That’s for you to decide. But I can say that gifts are much sweeter when you wait for them.
- If you have a problem, work it out with them. That’s pretty self explanatory. Just like with friends, if your upset about something they did, work it out and talk it out.
- Remember to learn from each other. When your dating someone, just like with friends, you guys can learn a lot from each other. Build each other up and learn from your mistakes.
- And last but not least, FORGIVENESS!!! Both of you will mess up. But guess what? It’s not the end of the world! If you mess up, admit your wrong. It’ll be worth swallowing your pride for. Likewise, be forgiving of your boyfriend/girlfriend. Don’t let a small mistake ruin your relationship.
So yeah. And for you people who aren’t dating, know it’s all in God’s timing. He knows. Just because you want a boyfriend doesn’t mean you need a boyfriend. God’s timing is perfect. And while your waiting, learn to look to God for fulfillment and not things of this world. Yes, a boyfriend can be a blessing from God, but just…wait for Him to give you the green flag:) But as always, pray and read your bible and listen intently for Christ while you wait on the right guy.
Merry Christmas all!